Friday, November 7, 2008

Smarty pants

When being prepped for egg retrieval they ask you to tell them in your own words why you are there. I guess they want to make sure you understand you are going into egg retrieval and not duped into it with false promises of bigger boobs or something. So the pre-nurse asked me this. I said "egg retrieval for IVF" and then she had me sign a document. The document read "vaginal aspiration of oocytes". I filed that little piece of information away should I ever need it.

Luck should have it not 10 minutes later the anesthesiologist came in and asked me the same question. I dead-panned "vaginal aspiration of oocytes". She looked at me funny and I just played it off like that's what I always say.

12 comments:

Bella said...

Ha! Love it! How did it go?

To A T said...

LOL!!

Yay for sounding super smart!

Paula Keller said...

Maybe next time I will say breast reduction just to see what kind of reaction I can get. :)

Teresa & Connie said...

I love your smart ass sense of humor!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! That is classic.

Sparkle said...

Hey 'phonetically speaking' how do you pronounce ooccytes???

Peeveme said...

Sparkle,

They pronounced it:

Oh (as in Oh my God)
sites (like a web site)

I have also heard it with an "Ah" (as in "Ah, I get it)instead of "oh".

Chelle said...

That's too funny!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful....I love it!

Anonymous said...

:) I always thought it was pronounced "oooh-oooh-sites" (like the "oo" in "too") duh!

Birdee said...

You made me laugh, How do you say that anyway? "oocytes"
Ooh-Ooh-sites? lol.

Birdee said...

Oh, I just read all the comments (silly me - my bad)