Thursday, July 21, 2011

Project Recognition: An Uplifting Update

Anyone remember this?

The Project I anonymously started to secretly recognize fellow staff members and empower them to secretly recognize each other? It came complete with a medal and laminated letter?


Since I had never received the award and the few people I asked (who are some of the most loved on campus) had never received it, I figured it died out. Turns out....it lives.

I was at a conference with some co-workers and we were talking about moral on campus. Assuming Project Recognition had died out I told them the story. Turns out that almost every person (4 out or 6) had indeed received the award. While I wish I had remained anonymous, I am happy to know that it did what it was intended to do.

5 comments:

Frenchie said...

Nice to hear from you!! Miss your posts. That's awesome that what you started lives on.

areyoukiddingme said...

I guess people are assuming that the well-loved don't need any extra recognition. Which really means that not only does your project live on, it's doing exactly what it's meant to do! Excellent idea...

home painting said...

There is obviously a lot to know about this. Thank you!

Electronic cigarettes detroit said...

Just keep doing what you love and what's right. I'm sure you'll have your award soon. Just keep the faith. You have a great writing skills.

Electronic cigarettes are now in the trend. So grab yours now at www.thesmokebot.com.

amberdixie17 said...

Wow, marvelous blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is great, as well as the content! Initial Charm Necklace