Thursday, December 17, 2009

Perfect Moment Monday: Unexpected Blessing

Bambina was Baptized recently. I expected all the wonderful moments that arise from such an occasion. Powerful spiritual ceremony, community engagement, cousins playing, both sets of grandparents visiting, champagne in the afternoon, and, of course, sheet cake.

It was wonderful and I tried to really just drink it all in.

What I did not expect (which it why it's my favorite thing) was the smell of my sweet baby's head, which was blessed with fragrant oils. I drank in that wonderful smell all night long.

6 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Mmmmm. Baby's head plus essential oils. Doesn't get much perfecter.

Thank you for this moment!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you!

Mad Hatter said...

How sweet! Thank you for sharing!

sarah said...

mmmmm. Baby heads. All that light furr and warm head, plus good smells.

Teresa & Connie said...

Oh hell! I laughed at your comment for like 5 minutes straight. You've got a deal mama....

Introducing the new kind of Golden Girls. Except we'll have a way cooler house minus the 80's decor.

You seem happier than ever! I'm so glad :) Happy New Year

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.