Thursday, August 27, 2009

It doesn't matter and I'm not looking back

Those are the words I have heard (read) from other DE mommies. I have not been at that place...or if I was I have gone back and forth between "It doesn't matter" to "I might have made a mistake" to "What does this all mean?"

I have tried to honestly convey my struggles with DE in a series of posts which I would link to if I were not so lazy. I did this to help others and to work through my own shit. I have thought about it from many different angles. Considered the pros and cons. Dealt (dealing) with my own emotions of loss, excitement, gratitude, insecurity. All the time I knew love would take over and it has.

Right now I can honestly say I am not looking back. I am aware that she in not my genetic material but that does not mater one bit.

Not only am I ok with that...I am thrilled because I could not love this little being more. She could not be more perfect.

11 comments:

Bluebird said...

It thrills me to hear this. Even though you (and the rest of us!) knew it would happen. . . how wonderful to be reassured of it so soon. And you're right - she is perfect :)

Not on Fire said...

I am so glad that you have hit the sweet spot. Life is so good.

Bella said...

I am so very happy to read that! While I haven't thought much about DE while being pregnant (probably because I'm too busy feeling like crap) I sometimes woner how I'll free after they are born. I hope just like you! Congrats, she's just gorgeous!!!

Mad Hatter said...

You sound so blissful! I'm so happy for you. Thank you for sharing this journey with us.

IVF 40+ said...

Thank You. You have no idea how much I needed to hear that right now.
So happy for you. So happy for you both!

Riley said...

I love hearing that - thanks!

Jojobee said...

It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it?!?!?!

Sprogblogger said...

And again I'll say it - thank you. Thank you for being so honest about this part of your journey. It helps make it less scary for those of us a few steps behind you, that you're letting us know what you're thinking and feeling and seeing as you get there. Thank you.

Chelle said...

I am so happy for you! Your baby girl is beautiful!!

Ryan's Mommy said...

Very reassuring words. I'm 21 weeks PG with a DE baby, and have a bio son. So although I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about it, the DE thing is always in the back of mind. I, too, am counting on love taking over.

nishkanu said...

Gooooood!