Thursday, August 27, 2009

It doesn't matter and I'm not looking back

Those are the words I have heard (read) from other DE mommies. I have not been at that place...or if I was I have gone back and forth between "It doesn't matter" to "I might have made a mistake" to "What does this all mean?"

I have tried to honestly convey my struggles with DE in a series of posts which I would link to if I were not so lazy. I did this to help others and to work through my own shit. I have thought about it from many different angles. Considered the pros and cons. Dealt (dealing) with my own emotions of loss, excitement, gratitude, insecurity. All the time I knew love would take over and it has.

Right now I can honestly say I am not looking back. I am aware that she in not my genetic material but that does not mater one bit.

Not only am I ok with that...I am thrilled because I could not love this little being more. She could not be more perfect.

11 comments:

Bluebird said...

It thrills me to hear this. Even though you (and the rest of us!) knew it would happen. . . how wonderful to be reassured of it so soon. And you're right - she is perfect :)

Not on Fire said...

I am so glad that you have hit the sweet spot. Life is so good.

Bella said...

I am so very happy to read that! While I haven't thought much about DE while being pregnant (probably because I'm too busy feeling like crap) I sometimes woner how I'll free after they are born. I hope just like you! Congrats, she's just gorgeous!!!

Mad Hatter said...

You sound so blissful! I'm so happy for you. Thank you for sharing this journey with us.

Eb said...

Thank You. You have no idea how much I needed to hear that right now.
So happy for you. So happy for you both!

Riley said...

I love hearing that - thanks!

Unknown said...

It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it?!?!?!

Sprogblogger said...

And again I'll say it - thank you. Thank you for being so honest about this part of your journey. It helps make it less scary for those of us a few steps behind you, that you're letting us know what you're thinking and feeling and seeing as you get there. Thank you.

Chelle said...

I am so happy for you! Your baby girl is beautiful!!

Ryan's Mommy said...

Very reassuring words. I'm 21 weeks PG with a DE baby, and have a bio son. So although I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about it, the DE thing is always in the back of mind. I, too, am counting on love taking over.

nishkanu said...

Gooooood!