Thursday, June 12, 2008

Engaging

6 years ago today Mr. Peevme asked me to be his wife. Actually, he never asked me "to be his wife" which is a bone of contention to this day. What he asked is, "Would you make me the happiest man in the world?'" I assumed he meant by marrying him but I could have gotten it wrong and he was too polite to correct me. Well, too late now sucker. But really, what else could he have meant? I'm clearly such a catch!

There is just something so solid about that man, about our marriage. Things have not been a barrel of fun around our humble abode lately. Actually things have been down right hard but I never doubt us. We are just "in it".

6 years ago I promised him something..I'm still not sure what it was but I know for darn sure we are happy together despite these past few challenging years. Maybe not the happiest person in the world but certain on our block.

No comments: