Monday, August 11, 2008

Girl Most Likely to....Part 2

...make others feel good: Even if I did not remember someone or was not friends with them in high school I made sure to be very interested in them, ask what they had been up to, where they lived, tell them they looked great, meet their spouse, ask the names of their children. How hard is it to be kind? I felt like shit the few times someone "passed" over me so I made sure not to do it to anyone. At least 3 people actually thanked me. They were nervous about coming, not sure if anyone would talk to them, and they thanked me for making them feel good about coming. It's not like I was Homecoming Queen or even that popular but it feels good when someone takes the time to be interested in you. I was just treating people the way I hoped to be treated and it worked. Just practicing my power to make an astonishing difference.




...have secret crushes revealed: No fewer than 4 direct crushes and 1 indirect crush was revealed. I shit you not! Paolo started to get worried when conversation after conversation shifted into, "I have to tell you I used to have the biggest crush...." Kind-of nice for the old ego.

3 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Sounds like a victorious evening!

Proof that in adulthood, one can be both kind AND sought after.

Anonymous said...

Hehe... I'm the kind of person who would confess a crush! Only, now I'd probably say something like "I had the biggest crush on you in high school! THANK GOD we never dated, you got fat and lost all your hair!"

Birdee said...

Hey Amber, I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you and how much you have supported me over the last few weeks, so I nominated you for the Pink Rose Award. See my blog.